HealthProm has been working in Tajikistan since 2006. Our main focus in conjunction with our partners has been the creation of alternative family support services at Baby Homes. These services:
- Enable individual child development
- Support parents
- Prevent institutional care
- Educate professionals in early childhood intervention and care
- Develop alternative family care
HealthProm is working in all 4 Baby Homes in Tajikistan and has created two Family Support Centres. The Kishti Centre opened in Dushanbe 2008 and the Marvorid Centre opened in Khujand in 2014.
Services offered through Family Support Centres include:
- Individual advice for parents.
- Mellow Parenting Groups.
- Early Childhood Intervention and community based rehabilitation programmes for children with disabilities
- Parent education sessions
- Income generation activities
- Group Outings
- Foster Care
Services offered in the Baby Homes include:
- Interactive music making
- Baby massage
- Individual and group activities
- Training for Baby Home staff
- Link with Families
- Access to the community
The dedication of our partners, a strong funding base created by donors such as the EU and DFID and our partnership with the government of the Republic of Tajikistan who now fund a number of the services has enabled this work to grow and develop.